Autumn is here! Although it can be a very beautiful time of year, with the leaves turning colours and fresher mornings, we know it heralds the arrival of darker evenings and falling temperatures! The Great British weather can be unpredictable at the best of times, which is why now is the perfect time to give some thought to your office cleaning and maintenance. Who knows what is just around the corner? This could be the last chance you get before the weather closes in!
5 Things to Add to Your Autumn Office Cleaning Checklist
- If you don’t have them in place already, now is the time to get weather-strips and draft excluders in place. It’s a relatively simple task, won’t take long but will save you a fortune on your heating bills!
- Window cleaning, take a little time to give them a good scrub before it gets too cold! Trying to clean the windows in the dead of winter is no-one’s idea of a good time! If possible, it’s best to get the professionals in to give them a thorough clean that, fingers crossed, might see you through the winter.
- With the leaves falling and goodness knows what blowing around, it’s also a good idea to make sure your gutters and vents are all clear from debris. This is another job that is just so much worse when it’s freezing cold!
- Get some good quality internal and external mats for your office entranceway and any exits. It’ll not be long before staff and visitors will be traipsing in in their winter boots bringing with them all manner of dirt and debris, and you will not want that walked through your workplace not to mention the slip hazard a continuous wet floor can create.
- Last, but no means least, your heating system will need a thorough check over after a summer of not being used. This means getting in a professional to service the system, it’s worth doing as if the heating system breaks down, your business could suffer down time if the office is too cold for staff to work!
With these 5 additions to your autumn office cleaning and maintenance checklist, your workplace will be cosy and ready for winter and your staff will thank you for it!
If you need further advice on preparing your office for the bad weather, or would like us to provide commercial cleaning services, including window cleaning, floor maintenance, matting solutions, carpet cleaning, car park cleaning or to arrange a deep clean ready for the new season, give us a call on 01525 216 330 or contact us here, and we will be delighted to discuss your requirements.
Milton Keynes – Leighton Buzzard – Luton – Aylesbury – Bedford – Coventry – Northampton – Letchworth
Watford – Hatfield – Stevenage – Dunstable – St. Albans – Hemel Hempstead
T: 01525 216330 – Contact us by Email